segunda-feira, 1 de outubro de 2012

Friendship.

I don't know why I'm writing this letter, considering you cannot read,
I'd just like to apologize.

I'm sorry for waking you up selfishly in the middle of the night when I was young and  home alone and too scared to sleep by myself after watching horror flicks. You would be very proud of me if you could see me now, watching such movies home-alone, with nobody to hug me to sleep.
I'm sorry for forgetting to feed you on that one weekend, although you'd never stopped feeding me love.
I apologize for being a coward and pretending it was you who had eaten all the meat, you really had a rough beating that night, huh?
I'm sorry about throwing your favorite ball so hard it fell on the neighbor's house. I just couldn't tell him it was me who broke his window, I hope you can understand that.
Remember that time I let you loose on purpose just so you could run down the street and scare the heck out of those kids? That was real fun, but Im sorry you got spanked for that.
I'm sorry it took me so long to notice you were down, and not eating much, even though you were always the first to know I was sad, and always allowed me to sleep on your belly just so I'd feel better.
I'm sorry I carried you left and right for second, third and fourth opinions, when all you wanted was to lay on your favorite carpet and sleep, I just had to be sure.
I'm sorry for forcing so many horrible pills on you, hiding them inside delicious pieces of meat so as to trick you.
I'm sorry for keeping you awake all night when you needed some rest after an entire day of surgery, I just had to see you open your eyes.
I'm sorry about throwing a tantrum the next day, even though you tried to look brave for me as you entered the vet's car one last time.
I'm sorry for not having the guts to say goodbye.
I just couldn't.
And I still can't.
I'm sorry.

Nenhum comentário: